Okay Auntie’s Beaders, it’s time to let your competitive sides show! We are very excited to announce the beginning of Battle of the Beads, a customer driven design contest that will place our bravest customer designers head to head in a ruthless fight for the votes of their peers! Okay, maybe not ruthless, but intense! Why? Well, because of our FABULOUS PRIZES!
Grand Prize: $250 Gift Certificate to Auntie’s Beads!
Runner-Up: $100 Gift Certificate to Auntie’s Beads!
1. Create an original necklace, ring, bracelet, earrings or other beaded design using mostly* Auntie’s Beads products
w/ Subject “BATTLE”
• Size of photo should be at least 400 x 400 pixels and can be a collage of 2 or 3 images
3. Make sure you include the following…
• Your email address associated with your Auntie’s Beads account
• Name (note: will not be displayed until contest is over)
• List of Auntie’s Beads products used in design
*We require that you use predominately Auntie’s Beads products. We understand that a finding, a clasp, an accent bead, etc. may come from elsewhere, but we request that you submit designs with a spirit of showing off the work you’ve done with Auntie’s beads. We will accept or decline entries at our own discretion based on this rule so please do your best to follow it.
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS SEPTEMBER 30TH 2010
• Must submit before September 30th
• Entrant is the creator of the design
• 1 submission per person please
• HAVE FUN!!!
HOW IT WORKS:
After September 30th when all entries have been submitted, the competition will begin! In bracket form, pairs of designs will compete against each other head to head on the blog. Photos of both competing designs will be posted together and all blog viewers will be permitted to click and vote for the one they like better. Voting periods will last 24 hrs. Winners from each competing pair will advance and compete against winners from other competing pairs. We will continue to narrow the pool of competitors in this way until we have our top two competitors! Then, the final two designs will compete against one another for the highest number of votes and claim their prizes.
We have seen some AMAZING work from our customers throughout the years and we are very excited about holding this contest and rewarding you guys for all the hard beading work you do!
Good luck everybody!